I take pride in working with my clients, developing a personal relationship, and helping them achieve their goals. Read what one of my satisfied clients has said about my TRX classes!
“So there I was, at the WRONG end of my closet…not good. I’m turning 40 this year and am actually excited about it. But, it was time to admit that I can’t fight Father Time forever. It was time to stop spending six months getting in shape and then letting it all go until those pants no longer fit, only to start all over again. I needed direction but couldn’t afford a personal trainer. Does that sound like an excuse? Not good enough? Well, I have two little kids and erratic work hours, making it really difficult to attend evening classes. That’s 0 for 2 so far. Did I mention I’m a night owl and HATE getting up in the morning to go to the gym? Three strikes. So that was it, right? Not so fast; all these excuses didn’t change the fact that I had three pair of pants (including the “mom” jeans) that fit me. Then, there were those two little kids at home who needed a good role model, not someone who would just keep buying new pants while ending up sick and frail before her time. Speaking of time…JUST IN TIME, Clarita found Jennifer Billings and TRX! No one and nothing else in this world could get me to the gym at 6:00 a.m.; but, just three classes a week for two months have me back at the right end of my closet! YAY!! I’m also stronger than I’ve been since my 20’s. The best part is that TRX is included in my Personal Best monthly dues! Am I using too many exclamation points? I can’t help it. Personal Best is the only gym in the South Bay that doesn’t charge extra for TRX. Since there are only 5 students per class, it’s really like having a personal trainer. Besides the fact that Jennifer is totally fun (EVEN at 6:00 a.m.!!), the small classes allow her to tailor the workout for those “extra special” areas. So, what are you waiting for?”
If you are interested in getting in shape, working with the TRX, or just getting some information, send me an e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you would like to purchase your own TRX, click here or on the banner below:
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged aerobics, body weight, boot camp, circuit training, confidence, discipline, Exercises, fitness, full-body workout, fun, functional fitness, group fitness, Jennifer Billings, Personal Best, personal trainer, personal training, stability ball, strength, stronger, training, TRX, TRX Suspension Training, weights, workout
Each year, millions of Americans gain weight over the holidays. Lean muscle is the secret to keeping your metabolism firing to burn fat all day long. People who are active are more likely to maintain their weight during the holidays.
Don’t be a statistic! Get FIT, boost your energy, and shed pounds this holiday season by working out! Now is a perfect time to get a jump on that New Year’s Resolution.
Here are some tips for keeping weight off during the holidays:
- Physical activity. People who are more active are more likely to maintain their weight during the holidays. Park farther away from the entrance to the mall and get a little walk in.
- Limit alcohol consumption. Alcohol can be a major source of hidden calories. Alcohol has 7 calories per gram, almost as much as fat (9 calories per gram) and nearly twice as many calories as a gram of carbohydrate or protein (4 calories per gram). Just one apple martini has 235 calories and almost 12 grams of sugar! Stick to a flavored vodka & soda or a light beer. Don’t forget the water. For every alcoholic drink you have, drink at least 1 extra glass of water. This will help your body metabolize the alcohol and may counteract some of the dehydrating effects of the alcohol on the body, such as next-day hangovers. And ALWAYS have a designated driver!
- Limit soda and other sweetened beverages. These drinks add extra calories, too. Simply put, they are drinks high in fat and/or sugar. A can of soda, for example, has 150 calories and 42 grams of sugar! I love light egg nog but have now switched to Rice-Nog, it’s delicious and only 80 calories per serving. Water is always the best choice!
- Schedule holiday celebrations at normal meal times. Celebrations outside of normal meal times encourage people to pile on extra calories. This one isn’t always easy to follow with work parties, just do your best 🙂
- Choose foods with fewer calories. Foods with fewer calories for their size make you feel fuller sooner. Reach for those celery sticks and stick to lean protein snacks like shrimp or turkey slices.
- Use smaller plates. The bigger your plate, the more food you can pile on it, which means you’ll be more likely to overeat.
- Eat a healthy snack beforehand. You’ll be less likely to eat a lot of fattening food at parties. Try an apple with almond butter or a protein shake with a small piece of fruit.
- Weigh yourself weekly. Plan how you’ll get back on track if your weight begins to creep up.
What are your tips & tricks to avoid holiday weight gain?
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged aerobics, attitude, confidence, discipline, energy, Exercises, fitness, get fit, healthy, New Year's Resolution, Nutrition, protein, resolution, weight, weight gain, workout
My name is Jennifer Billings. I am the daughter of parents who emigrated from Mendoza, Argentina to Los Angeles, CA in 1960. I grew up in a suburb of Los Angeles called Glendale. When I was 13 years old, the Jane Fonda workout hit video stores across America and I, like millions of Americans, was hooked! Leg warmers and all, I would workout religiously to her video in front of the TV in our very small apartment in our even smaller living room. It was right about this time that a gym opened up down the street from our house and I begged my mom for the money to join. I took aerobics classes regularly but didn’t really lift weights because I had no idea what I was doing and didn’t want to look foolish. Two years later `The Terminator’ hit movie theaters and as I watched the scenes of Linda Hamilton with those kick-ass arms, I knew I wanted arms like that.
It took a little while but I ended up working out at a now defunct gym called 20 Minute Workout and I managed to get the courage to hit the weights. Oh how I remember the spandex and butt floss leotards that were all the rage back then. There was a little women’s area so I went ahead and jumped on all the machines and used the free weights. I just copied what I saw other people doing and voila! I felt like a pro 😉
I’m 40 years old now and have never lost my love of fitness. Over the last few years, I’ve added yoga, pilates, and TRX® Suspension Training to my repertoire. After being laid off in November ’08, I decided to focus my energies into figuring out what it is that I enjoy and what I really want to be when I grow up. After thinking it over I realized that what I really love to do is workout and what I really wanted to do is help people achieve their fitness goals. For years friends have asked if they could workout with me and even a few strangers who would see me at the gym regularly asked if they could workout with me. So, after training people for free for years, I decided to get paid for it 🙂
I am now a certified personal trainer. Along with my personal training certification, I am certified to train others on the TRX®.
I like to incorporates traditional weight lifting with BOSU® balance training and TRX® Suspension training. I believe that a workout today will make you a better person than you were yesterday. That staying fit is the key to a long and healthy life.
I hope you enjoy reading my posts. I look forward to hearing from you.
In Good Health,
Jennifer aka Fit Chica
Posted in Uncategorized
- Tagged aerobics, Argentina, BOSU, fitness, Glendale, healthy, personal trainer, pilates, TRX, weights, workout, yoga